PAC meeting this Tuesday, March 12th at 6:30pmin the library. There will be a short PAC meeting (1/2 hour) and school counsellor Dr. Garzitto will be presenting the parent workshop How To Talk To Your Child’s Teacher So They Will Listen and How to Listen to Your Children So They Will Talk. Practical Strategies to Support Family and School Communication. Babysitting will be available. She will also present the same workshop at the Mandarin PAC meeting on Thursday, April 4th at 9:15 am in room 112. Please join us if you can!
Loonie-Toonie Book Sale
Book sale will be back at the school on Wednesday, March 13th and Thursday, March 14th during recess, lunch, and after school in the school entrance hallway. All proceeds are going to BC Children’s Hospital. See flyer for more information.
Young Entrepreneurs Market Day!
Market day held on Wednesday March 13, 2019 at Trafalgar main hall and front lawn.
Help support the ingenuity and hard work of the students of Trafalgar’s Young Entrepreneurs after school program. Please bring some cash and check out the kid-designed and produced products – bubbing bath bombs, special, scarves, pretty paintings, sparkling slime, chocolate candles, brilliant brain candy, Sophia’s snacks and much much more. See flyer here.
Hot Lunch Coordinators needed!
Do you want to see happy kids when they receive their hot lunch? Do you want to have a say in what is to be of the menu? Do you like the Hot Lunch program and would hate to see it go?
We are currently looking for 1-2 volunteers to be the Hot Lunch Coordinators. Duties include: ordering hot lunch from our vendors every week, attending the hot lunch days at the school, communicating with the vendors, creating the menu and inputting it into the Munchalunch website. Collectively, the duties takes about 2-3 hours a week and they can be divided between 2 hot lunch coordinators. If you’re interested in becoming the Hot Lunch Coordinator or have any questions about the Hot Lunch program, please email us at email@example.com
Yearbook photos needed!!!
We are in DESPERATE need of photos for this year’s book! Please take a few moments to upload some photos of your child and his or her friends at school. Each division has its own 2 page spread this year, and the only way to ensure your division has a nice looking spread is to upload photos. We’re trying very hard to ensure that each student appears in the book multiple times, but this isn’t possible without your photos. Our deadline is fast approaching and we really, really need more photos.
– Use high quality images (not ones that have been shared via text or downloaded from an app)
– If you have a series of photos, please pick ONE to upload (ie: don’t upload ten photos of the same group of kids on a field trip)
– Include Divisions and Grade and names if you know them
– If your iphone photos are HEIC instead of JPG files, use this free conversion tool: https://heictojpg.com
How to Upload:
School code: Trafalgar2019 (capital T, no space)
* Please include the division, grade and students’ names! *
Mural prints and paint by number kits for purchase – 10% of sales to PAC
Each student at our school had a hand in creating the beautiful UNESCO themed “Utopian Landscape” masterpiece. You’ve seen it on the wall at our school and now you can have it on your wall at home too! Support local art and our next school project by purchasing your very own rendition of your child’s creation. **10% of sales will go towards the Trafalgar PAC.Purchase here: https://paintillio.com/collections/kits
See flyer for further details.
After School Programs @Trafalgar April to June 2019
More Courses and details to follow in the upcoming weeks. Registration Open Now for the following courses so far:
- Senior Choir Gr 4-7 (Tuesdays) 315 – 415 Register by contacting Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Junior Choir Gr 1-3 (Thursdays) 315- 415 Register by contacting Catherine at email@example.com
- Young Rembrandts Drawing Gr 1-6 (Thursdays) 315-415 Learn new drawing techniques while having fun. Returning students will build on the skills learned previously. Registration OPEN at www.youngrembrandts.com/metrovancouver
- LightsUp Gr K-7; (Fridays) 3:15-5:15 Students learn to sing, dance and act while working towards a costumed performance for friends and family. Registration OPEN at lightsuptheatre.ca/Trafalgar or 604 815 1689
- Xmodus Minecraft; Ages 8-12 (Fridays) 3:15-4:15
- Through Minecraft, kids work collaboratively to solve puzzles & complete adventures Registration OPEN at https://www.xmodus.com/programs.html#minecraft-adventures
- Xmodus Python Programming; Ages 8-12 (Fridays) 4:15-515 https://www.xmodus.com/programs.html#minecraft-adventures
The inclusive future: public dialogue and social event
Come and learn the benefits of an inclusion mindset for all students from inclusivity expert Shelley Moore and find out what we can do to create a supportive, inclusive environment at Tennyson.
The event: The inclusive future: public dialogue and social event, is a public dialogue and social event centered on preparing our children to thrive in an inclusive future.
When: Wednesday April 24, 7-9 pm
Tickets $11.62 through Eventbrite
The speaker: Shelly Moore is a highly sought after inclusive education researcher, collaborator, consultant and storyteller who completed an undergraduate degree in Special Education at the University of Alberta, her masters at Simon Fraser University, and is currently a Social Science and Human Resources Council (SSHRC) funded PhD scholar at the University of British Columbia. Shelley brings a wealth of experience from the classroom that she shares through engaging stories during her talks. Check out her fantastic TedEx talk.
The session will deconstruct what inclusive education means in today’s classrooms and communities. We will also discuss common misunderstandings and myths and leave with ideas and possibilities of inclusive learning communities and all who benefit.
Here is a link to Shelley Moore’s website: www.fivemooreminutes.com