WHO ME?? YES, YOU!
Want to make a difference at Trafalgar?? Are you a positive leader? Come join our PAC executive!
Sliding into a PAC executive has never been easier. We are compiling a calendar of important events for you to refer to, putting together a reference for all events, and will be available any time next year for questions/support. The proposed budget gets created in May of every year so you will inherit a well-thought out plan for 2019/20 (though it is only proposed. This budget can be modified should the incoming exec/PAC want to introduce new programming). Grab a friend and do it together! Always more fun. The PAC does try to ensure that there are representatives from both the French and English tracks of the school so we are hoping parents step up from both sides. This has been an great experience for the last two years in that our executive was a supportive and positive group of people who stepped out of their individual roles and helped wherever they could. The roles that need to be filled for 2019/20 are: one chair or two co-chairs and one treasurer or two co-treasurers.
The co-chair/chair roles at Trafalgar– The main responsibilities of the co-chair are to take initiatives where the PAC agrees are needed and to carry out the day-to-day business. It is not to run all events but to provide leadership to those organizing events and to coordinate with the school when needed. Administration and teachers often consult the co-chairs, which provides a wonderful opportunity to develop working relationships with the staff that you never would have had the opportunity to do. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, it is to chair the PAC meetings on the second Tuesday of every month in the library at 7pm. This job can be as big or small as you would like it to be. We wanted to introduce some big initiatives last year so it took a bit more of our time. This year, we worked to carry out those initiatives and the job was much smaller. The executive before this one all worked full-time. It is not a role that can only be taken on if you are at the school every day.
Are you good with numbers and enjoy spending money? The PAC is looking for one or two people to step into the Treasury role. In the past, this role has been shared by two Co-Treasurers: one who keeps the books in tip-top shape; the other who coordinates Direct Appeal, writes cheques and makes deposits. As a member of the PAC Executive, you will be required to attend monthly PAC meetings and provide updates on the PAC finances, provide input for the annual budget, and ensure funds get spent. This is a great way to be involved at school and provide direction on programming using PAC funds.
Noon Hour Programs
Noon Hour Programs are back for the final time this school year! This term we are offering a wide variety of programs, including old favourites like Ukelele, Lights Up, and Knitting, as well some new programs like Sportball Soccer and Sportball Basketball. Kids will be excited that Trafalgar Chess Club and Anime Pinatas are back by popular demand! The Noon Hour Programs are a great way for kids to have fun and enjoy extracurricular activities with their school friends, as well as a wonderful way to meet new friends! Registration starts Monday April 15. Please note: like last term, there will be no paper flyer sent home in an effort to respect the trees. See flyer for further information.
- Senior Choir Gr 4-7 (Tuesdays) 315 – 415 starting week of April 8 Register by contacting Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Junior Choir Gr 1-3 (Thursdays) 315- 415 Register by contacting Catherine at email@example.com. Sing some fun songs from Mary Poppins, Lenka and much more!
- Young Rembrandts Drawing Gr 1-6 (Thursdays) 315-415 April 14- June 6. Learn new drawing techniques while having fun. Returning students will build on the skills learned previously. See flyer. Registration OPEN at https://metrovancouver.asapconnected.com/?org=4044#eventid=1402552
- LightsUp Gr K-7; (Fridays) 3:15-5:15 Students learn to sing, dance and act while working towards a costumed performance for friends and family April 5-June 7. Registration OPEN at lightsuptheatre.ca/Trafalgar or 604 815 1689
- Xmodus Minecraft; Ages 8-12 (Fridays) 3:15-4:15 Through Minecraft, kids work collaboratively to solve puzzles & complete adventures Registration OPEN at https://www.xmodus.com/programs.html#minecraft-adventures
- Xmodus Python Programming; Ages 8-12 (Fridays) 4:15-515 https://www.xmodus.com/programs.html#minecraft-adventures
Important upcoming dates:
- Fantasy baskets due in the library this Thursday, April 18th.
- Gymnastics starts this week on April 16th. Most divisions will get 6 sessions. You can now pay online!
- No school Friday April 19th and Monday April 21.
- Early dismissal at 2pm on Wednesday, Apr 24th and Thursday Apr 25th for student led conferences.
Cheakamus Outdoor School Fundraiser
On Tuesday April 16th and Thursday Apr 18th, the Grade 4 & 5 of the English track will be selling fruitsicles after school for $1. They will be at the front of the school where the tables are situated. Please come by and support out students.