Actually, coming in like a lion dancer, of course!
Thank you to the organizers of the Lunar Gala! It was a wonderful event full of exciting performances and fun games. The silent auction was very successful as well. Thank you to all who attended the Gala and bid on auction items!
Coming this week:
ln Support of the Grade 7 Graduation Trip to Timberline Ranch in MayTrafalgar Screening of the movie “Wonder” – Friday March 8 600 to 830pmBuy Your Tickets starting MondayTreat your kids to a screening the movie “Wonder” this Friday March 8 from 600 to 830 pm in the Trafalgar gym.$5/ ticket. $10/ family (kids must be accompanied by am adult). Great snacks by donation.
- Spring Noon Hour program flyers will be sent home this week! Registration will be next Monday, 12th and Tuesday, March 13th.
- Registration opens shortly for After school programs – details here
- LOVE NOON HOUR PROGRAMS?? THEN WE NEED YOU!
The Noon Hour program organizers have been at it for 2 years and it is time for new blood! The volunteer commitment is approximately 8 hours of organization at the start of each session and then very little as the term continues. Wrapping up the sessions requires a few hours to collect invoices and check for their accuracy. We have recorded the processes and procedures as well as things that work and those that don’t. No need to re-invent the wheel. Along with a binder to pass along, Alison and Tracey will be available as mentors and Melissa and Mara are committed to being assistants once again. Ideally, we are looking for 2 people to join Melissa and Mara and head the team.If we do not have any volunteers step up, unfortunately this will be our last session of Noon Hour programs. Our current organizers are also PAC co-chair and PAC co-treasurer and need to get a life outside of our school.
- Saleema Noon sessions with the students will be this March 6th and 7th. A notice has gone home with the students and your teacher will notify you which day your child(ren) will participate in the program.
- The yearbook committee was so excited to have so many people attend our booth at the Lunar Spring Festival! Many people enjoyed the Lunar Special of $25 per book. So many people did that we crossed into the next pricing level for books and can extend the offer for everyone!Please enjoy the old early bird price and either buy online at trafalgar.hotlunches.net, or leave a cheque or cash and filled out form in the box in front of the office. (Anyone who bought a book at the increased price of $27 will get the difference refunded.) We still have lots of spaces in the book for your kids’ happy faces. We can only include photos if we are sent them! Please send any school trip, playground, school event, assembly or candid school photos to the yearbook committe for consideration to: https://www.hjeshare.com/eShare/code=Trafalgar2018. You can send pictures until April 13th. Deadline for book orders is Mar 16th and there will not be any extra yearbooks to purchase after that date. If we reach the next price level, which is only 17 books away, the price will stay the same but we can add extra pages! Please help make this inaugural Yearbook amazing!! Thank you.
Thank you to Stong’s for supporting our PAC! Did you know they have an online rebate program for groceries to be delivered? 4% of orders go back to our PAC. Make sure to choose our school during the checkout process!
School newsletter #13 – in case you missed it