Congratulations Will Stroet – JUNO Award Nominee!
Congratulations to Will Stroet, Juno Award Nominee, who is currently in Ottawa to attend the JUNO Awards on April 1 & 2! Will, with wife and manager Kim The, are representing in Ottawa for the nomination of “Children’s Album of the Year” for “Wordplay,”
What an honour to have a Juno nominee as part of our Trafalgar school family! Congratulations on this wonderful achievement!
Hot Dog Day is Coming Our Way – Wednesday
Spectacular Speaker Coming to Trafalgar! April 11th
Trafalgar School and PAC will be hosting a special community event.
Dr. Shimi Kang will be speaking on Tuesday April 11 at 730pm at Trafalgar Gym. (She will be using bilingual English & Simple Chinese language slides).
Topic: The Self-Motivated Kid: How to Raise Happy and Healthy 21st Century Leaders.
Dr. Kang is the Medical Director of Child and Youth Mental Health for the City of Vancouver and a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of British Columbia.
She is the author of The Self-Motivated Kid and The Dolphin Parent: A Guide to Raising Healthy, Happy, and Motivated Kids. This critically acclaimed book became a #1Canadian Bestseller, released in 8 countries, and won the 2015 US News International Book Award.
Dr. Kang is a writer whose articles have been featured in the Huffington Post, Psychology Today, and TIME Magazine. She is a TEDx speaker and health expert for major media outlets such CTV & CBC National News.
She recently launched Dolphin POD: Innovation, Leadership, and Wellness Programs for youth in Canada, US, and India. Dr. Kang is most proud of receiving the Diamond Jubilee Medal for her years of outstanding community service and being a mother of three “awesome but exhausting” children!
After School is Where It’s At!
After School Courses at Trafalgar – Spring Term April – June 2017
Registration is open for after school courses beginning in April. Students can go to their classes on-site right after school, learning and having fun with their school and community friends. Parents can enjoy this wonderful convenience! Did you know? ; Many of the after school programs reinforce the new BC curriculum. Bursaries are available for some courses. Questions may be directed to the principal, Mme Lavoie at email@example.com
See XModus Info Here
See Ocean Explorer Info Here
See LEGO Robotics Info Here
1. Daedalos Lego Robotics, 3:15-4:45 (Gr 1-3 WeDo) (Gr 4-7 Minestorms)
April 10, 24, May 1, 8, 15, 29, June 5, 12
Register now at robocamps.ca
2. Lego Animation 3:15-4:45 (Gr 1-5)
April 3, 10, 24, May 1, 8, 15
Register at tomorrowsplayground.com
1. Ocean Explorer (Gr 1-5) 8 Tuesdays April 18-June 6, 2017 3:15 to 4:45
Register now at seasmartschool.com
2. Senior Choir(Gr 4-7) 3:05 -4:05 Registration forms available now outside the office
3. Pedalheads (K-4) 3:30 -5:30, Levels 1-3, starting April 25 for 5 weeks at pedalheads.com
1. Minecraft Adventures 3:15 – 4:15 Apr 5, 12, 19, 26; May 3, May 17 – no class May 10th
Consider registering with Python Programming below; Register now at xmodus.com
2. Python Programming 4:15-5:15 Level 1&2, Apr 5, 12, 19, 26; May 3, May 17 – no class May 10thsame dates as above, Register now at xmodus.com
1. Junior Choir (Gr 1-3) 3:05-4:05. Registration forms available now outside the office
2. Scratch Programming by Xmodus 3:15-4:15 (beginners) 4:15-5:15 (intermediate)
1. April 6, 13, 20, 27, May 4, May 8; Register at xmodus.com
2. Minecraft Adventures 3:15 – 4:15 Apr 7, 21, 28; May 5, 12, 26 – no classes April 14 (Good Friday) or May 19th (Pro-D day); consider registering with python programming below; Register at xmodus.com
3. Python Programming 4:15-5:15 Level 1&2, Apr 7, 21, 28; May 5, 12, 26 – no classes April 14 (Good Friday) or May 19th (Pro-D day); Consider registering with Minecraft Adventures at #1 or Young Rembrandts at #3; Register at xmodus.com
4. Young Rembrandts 3:05-4:05 April 7-June 23, 2017 10 sessions, no class April 14 & May19); Consider registering for python programming starting at 4:15; Register at youngrembrandts.com/