Put Those Lunch Bags Away! Tomorrow is Hot Lunch
If you’d like to order any hot lunch, go to trafalgar.hotlunches.net The access code to register for the year is PAC2016HL. Please see the events page to see and subscribe to the school’s calendar for hot dog and hot lunch days and all important school dates!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the hot lunch team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spectacular Speaker Coming to Trafalgar! April 11th
– Dr. Shimi Kang – Author of “The Dolphin Parent- A Guide to Raising Healthy, Happy and Self-Motivated Kids” is coming to Trafalgar and will present at the PAC meeting on Tuesday, April 11th at 7:30 pm in our library. Please note the PAC meeting will begin at 6:30 pm in order to address the PAC meeting agenda items.
Trafalgar School and PAC will be hosting a special community event.
Dr. Shimi Kang will be speaking on Tuesday April 11 at 730pm at Trafalgar Gym. (She will be using bilingual English & Simple Chinese language slides).
Topic: The Self-Motivated Kid: How to Raise Happy and Healthy 21st Century Leaders.
Dr. Kang is the Medical Director of Child and Youth Mental Health for the City of Vancouver and a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of British Columbia.
She is the author of The Self-Motivated Kid and The Dolphin Parent: A Guide to Raising Healthy, Happy, and Motivated Kids. This critically acclaimed book became a #1Canadian Bestseller, released in 8 countries, and won the 2015 US News International Book Award.
Dr. Kang is a writer whose articles have been featured in the Huffington Post, Psychology Today, and TIME Magazine. She is a TEDx speaker and health expert for major media outlets such CTV & CBC National News.
She recently launched Dolphin POD: Innovation, Leadership, and Wellness Programs for youth in Canada, US, and India. Dr. Kang is most proud of receiving the Diamond Jubilee Medal for her years of outstanding community service and being a mother of three “awesome but exhausting” children!
After School is Where It’s At!
After School Courses at Trafalgar – Spring Term April – June 2017
Registration is open for after school courses beginning in April. Students can go to their classes on-site right after school, learning and having fun with their school and community friends. Parents can enjoy this wonderful convenience! Did you know? ; Many of the after school programs reinforce the new BC curriculum. Bursaries are available for some courses. Questions may be directed to the principal, Mme Lavoie at email@example.com
See XModus Info Here
See Ocean Explorer Info Here
See LEGO Robotics Info Here
1. Daedalos Lego Robotics, 3:15-4:45 (Gr 1-3 WeDo) (Gr 4-7 Minestorms)
April 10, 24, May 1, 8, 15, 29, June 5, 12
Register now at robocamps.ca
2. Lego Animation 3:15-4:45 (Gr 1-5)
April 3, 10, 24, May 1, 8, 15
Register at tomorrowsplayground.com
1. Ocean Explorer (Gr 1-5) 8 Tuesdays April 18-June 6, 2017 3:15 to 4:45
Register now at seasmartschool.com
2. Senior Choir(Gr 4-7) 3:05 -4:05 Registration forms available now outside the office
3. Pedalheads (K-4) 3:30 -5:30, Levels 1-3, starting April 25 for 5 weeks at pedalheads.com
1. Minecraft Adventures 3:15 – 4:15 Apr 5, 12, 19, 26; May 3, May 17 – no class May 10th
Consider registering with Python Programming below; Register now at xmodus.com
2. Python Programming 4:15-5:15 Level 1&2, Apr 5, 12, 19, 26; May 3, May 17 – no class May 10thsame dates as above, Register now at xmodus.com
1. Junior Choir (Gr 1-3) 3:05-4:05. Registration forms available now outside the office
2. Scratch Programming by Xmodus 3:15-4:15 (beginners) 4:15-5:15 (intermediate)
1. April 6, 13, 20, 27, May 4, May 8; Register at xmodus.com
2. Minecraft Adventures 3:15 – 4:15 Apr 7, 21, 28; May 5, 12, 26 – no classes April 14 (Good Friday) or May 19th (Pro-D day); consider registering with python programming below; Register at xmodus.com
3. Python Programming 4:15-5:15 Level 1&2, Apr 7, 21, 28; May 5, 12, 26 – no classes April 14 (Good Friday) or May 19th (Pro-D day); Consider registering with Minecraft Adventures at #1 or Young Rembrandts at #3; Register at xmodus.com
4. Young Rembrandts 3:05-4:05 April 7-June 23, 2017 10 sessions, no class April 14 & May19); Consider registering for python programming starting at 4:15; Register at youngrembrandts.com/