At our next PAC meeting in June, we will be presenting a number of bylaw changes for your consideration.
To see a redline version of our bylaws (with changes and comments), please see here 2018 05 20 Trafalgar PAC Constitution Bylaws- REDLINE – 2018
There are a number of changes. These changes can mostly be summarized as clarifications and updates to our rules to align with how business is actually conducted.
- Aligning with current legislation
- The BC School Act previously referred to parent participation in a School Planning Committee or SPC. This is no longer referenced in the current legislation.
- Aligning with parent wishes and/or current practices
- Allow notice of meetings by email
- At our first general meeting of 2017, there was a vote to increase the petty cash amount to $500 from $250. Bylaws need to change to align with parent wishes.
- We do not elect a fundraising chairperson to the PAC officers.
- We do not require administration to co-sign financial documents such as GICs.
- clarifying role of treasurer with respect to field trip accounts
- clarifying co-chair roles
- Allows the executive to appoint a DPAC representative if one is not elected.