Spring Festival Gala 2016 – Friday February 19th 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM – Tickets are on sale!
This year’s Spring Festival is back and even bigger and better than last year’s event. The festivities include stimulating games, amusements and crafts for kids of all ages, including the Terracotta Soldiers Archery Game, Knock Down the Great Wall, the Monkey See Monkey Do (Hershey’s) Kisses Booth and the Traditional Lantern Riddles. In addition to the lion dance, community performers and Trafalgar parents and children will entertain you with song, dance and spectacle. Please join us to celebrate the Lunar New Year in the traditional way. Don’t let your kids miss out an amazing cultural experience in the comfort of the Trafalgar gym! Those who are dressed in traditional costume have a chance to win a great prize.
Date & Time: Friday February 19th 5:00PM – 7:30PM
Tickets: $5 per person and $15 per family on sale before and after school in the school’s main entrance this week, or $7 per person and $20 per family at the door.
Have Dinner at the Spring Festival!
This year, California Rolls, Torched Salmon Sushi, Spring Rolls, and Hot Dogs to be enjoyed with Asian or Western condiments will be served from the PAC kitchen. We invite you to pre-order your choices on the Trafalgar Hot Lunch Website, as only limited quantities will be on sale at the event.
- Lion Dance – students from PW
- Joshua Wu (Er Hu, traditional Chinese Violin) – this player is the big brother of a Trafalgar student. He has won several gold medals in local musical competitions.
- Parents of Trafalgar Students – Choir “Red River Valley” Canadian folk song in Chinese
- Students of Trafalgar – Choir “Happy New Year”
- Vocal solo – Chinese song “the journey to the west” related to the Monkey King, the vocalist is a professional solo singer from China
- Group Dance by Children – “Red Lantern”, a local dancing school
- “Zheng” solo, a 25-stringed plucked instrument in some ways similar to the zither
- Fashion Show – parents of Trafalgar students
Prince of Wales Secondary School Principal to Attend the Feb 17th PAC Meeting
The principal of Prince of Wales Secondary School Principal, David Derpak, will attend the February 17th PAC meeting to speak to parents about high school and high school options. The meeting occurs at 7:00 PM in the Trafalgar school library.
Hot Dog Day – Feb 17th
Dogs are $2. Take a break from making lunch and support your PAC!
Hot Lunch – Feb 19th
Reminder: Hot lunch is every Friday this semester!
Panel Event on Public Education – Feb 24th from 7:00 –8:30 PM Bayview Elementary School
The event will focus on what is happening to public education in BC, how we got where we are, and actions we can take to advocate for quality education for our children.
There will be speakers from PENS (Public Education Network Society) and PAN (Parent Advocacy Network) for Public Education.
We hope to see you there! (see detail and RSVP links here or RSVP).
For more information, visit the following social media networks: (www.facebook.com/panvancouver , PAN Vancouver@PAN_Vancouver)