Dear Trafalgar Families,
It is that time of year again! To our returning families, we can’t wait to see you and hear all about your summer adventures. To our new families, we extend a very warm welcome, we are confident that you will find our school a fun, inclusive and energetic space to grow and learn.
For now, we would like to share with you some important information about the first day back to school and what to expect within the first week.
Next Tuesday, September 6th, all Trafalgar students will need to be prepared to attend school from 8:55am to 10 am. Please carefully follow the guidelines below:
- Parents, please keep child(ren) at home if they are sick and call the school safe arrival line 604-713-5179 extension #86. Please note we have a new Office Administrative Assistant, her name is Justine Doiron.
- Masks continue to be optional; social distance at your own discretion and please let your teachers know. We are a caring community that respects personal boundaries.
- In the morning, all students are asked to line up outside the designated doors until a teacher picks them up. Please refer to attached map for the different entrances that are highlighted. All students grades 1 to 7, please go to your last year’s classroom teacher. The following teachers and rooms have changed:
- Ms. Schoen’s students, please go to Ms. Wallace (Room 112)
- Ms. Goodison’s students, please go to Ms. Dunfield (Room 113)
- Mme Asad’s students please line up outside Room 103
- Mr. Fleming has moved to Room 104
- Ms. Nosyk has moved to Room 105
- New Late French Immersion grade 6, please go to the gym using the main entrance.
- All newcomers, please come through the main entrance and go to the gym.
- All new Kindergarten students, please follow the separate email for specific instructions
Beginning Wednesday, September 7th regular school hours will resume beginning at 9 am to 3:03pm daily. Please bring a bagged lunch, healthy snack and a water bottle for those days. Kindergarten students, you have already received a separate letter outlining the gradual entry schedule. Please note this schedule is only for Kindergarten and not siblings in grades 1 and up.
Once we get our school numbers organized, we will send you more information about the transition to your child(ren)’s new classroom(s). Please watch out for that email later next week.
In addition to emails from the office, you can also access school information and updates via your PAC newsletters. Please sign up for your newsletters through the website http://trafalgarpac.ca.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the school.
D. Belanger and H. Pham-Fraser,
Trafalgar Admin Team